At 11:40 a.m., district administration was notified that a fire alarm was triggered at East Bethel Elementary School and the fire department was dispatched to the school. At 11:48 a.m., the fire department declared an all clear. The reason for the alarm was a faulty heat detector in the kitchen, not a smoke detector. There is no imminent threat to students and staff. Classes will continue as normal. Student and staff safety is our number one priority. If more information comes our way, we will share as it becomes available.
UPDATE 12:29 p.m. 9/13/22: Today's fire alarm at EBES was caused by a heat sensor: the heat sensor was not faulty. The heat sensor was triggered by a fan blowing hot air toward it. Corrective measures have been taken to prevent this from reoccurring. Again, students and staff are safe and back in their classrooms.